Friday, 31 October 2008
Masterclass Mania!
I thought I would share with you something which is an "evening television highlight of the week" in our house. As Strictly Come Dancing fans, we can always be found in front of the TV not only on Saturday evenings but also every weeknight at 6.30 (BBC2!) watching It Takes Two, the daily show running alongside the live Saturday programme. It is presented by Claudia Winkleman who, in my humble opinion, has the funniest sense of humour, the most genius manner of presenting and the best "squawk laugh" I have ever heard. On It Takes Two, she interviews the various celebrity/professional dancer couples involved in the programme, shows a lot of backstage and training clips and introduces a myriad of other features, related (often loosely) to the "Strictly journey!" Basically, It Takes Two - and Claudia in particular - feeds the love we have developed of Strictly Come Dancing.
However, there is one particular feature of the show which seems to have reached cult status, not only in the V House, but also with a certain other couple we know and love dearly. Don't worry - I won't name and shame you, you can own up yourselves if you're brave enough! This feature, always on a Thursday night, is... (drum roll please)...."Len's Master Class." This basically involves Len Goodman, one of the Strictly judges, attempting to teach Claudia one or two simple moves from one of the routines the couples will be performing on the upcoming Saturday show.
Probably because of our appreciation for Claudia's dry humour - as well as her absolute inability to pick up basic dance steps (!) - the masterclass always leaves us laughing hysterically, distracting us from any other bad thing in life for those few short minutes. Haha, okay that's an exaggeration but it really does tickle us immensely. So, if you have 5 minutes spare right now to watch a sample - and in my opinion one of the best masterclasses so far this series - please sit back and enjoy the following clip. Be prepared to laugh more than you learn!
By the way the brightly coloured writing in this post is a tribute to the sparkles and glitzy glamour of Strictly. Come. Dancing. Thank you and Goodnight ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The V household?! I don't think so...I never watch strictly!
Just kidding!
Daddy daddy cool! I love Len! :D
I'm not ashamed to own up!! I love The Claude! :D she brightens up my weeknights too...hehee
Post a Comment