
All that sun this weekend was such a treat and so good for the soul; however, it has ironically made me angry - that we didn't have a proper summer this year. It got me dreaming about next summer and hoping to goodness that we get more than six days worth of sun over the entire season, instead of one day out of every twenty-eight where the sun actually breaks through the clouds and the temperature gets above that of your average damp cellar!
Thinking back on the washout that was the British Summer 2008 makes me even more grateful that we did at least get away in May and catch some much needed Vitamin D-filled sunshine! The photo's just part of my reminiscing..... bring on another sunny weekend or, even better (if we're wishing for things) another hot summer holiday on a gorgeous Greek Island!!
2 comments:
"Well if we're wishing for things I actually wish I was six years younger..."
:)
I agree, we need a good summer next year for sure!!
Although I do just love Autumn sunshine, with the low sun and the slight chill in the air.. perfect!
First of all, bravo on the quote!! You read my mind, because when I wrote, "well, if we're wishing for stuff..." that was exactly what was in my mind. Rachel's 30th. Love it. There's also another similar good'un:
"Oh there's always one isn't there. If I had one wish, I'd wish for three more wishes" (in silly voice!!)
Anyway, re: the autumn sun, I agree totally.....but we know that next summer's gonna be the BEST cos it'll have at least one portion of wonderful-ness: our holiday, woo hoo!! :) xxx
Post a Comment