Wednesday, 22 October 2008

One little duck.....


....either went swimming one day, OR flew over the cuckoo's nest, depending upon the way you look at it, and the extent to which you are willing to believe that I've finally lost it or not! Please let me explain. Some people decide that they would like to start collecting things, whether they be stamps, teapots, clocks or socks (you know who you are!). For us, it seems to have been the opposite; ducks have decided that we will collect them! I won't bore you with the story of every individual duck in this picture but our collection began just over a year ago when my adopted big sister sent me a gorgeous pink duck, the proceeds of which went to a Breast Cancer Charity. I thought it was incredibly cool because until then, I'd only ever seen yellow rubber ducks. Little did I know that my duck-related horizons were about to be broadened...!

Only a month or two later, the lovely Hayley, currently on the other side of the world (!), bought Vianney and I a dinky, quirky rubber duck each for Christmas. The reasoning behind her gifts was that they would go with the larger, pink duck which looked so lonely in our bathroom; well, that and the fact that they were cute and one changed colour in the water, the other glowed in the dark. And so there it began, our collection had started and I credit our now overrun bathroom to both Hayley and Helen in equal measure! Helen may have started the avalanche of ducks into our lives, but Hayley sealed our fate by adding to it so quickly. Since then, a number of other people have helped us build up our collection, which stood at 9 ducks/ducklings, until today.......

From Blog


Now, as you can see from the top photo, our bathroom is full of these colourful, funky creatures and I love it! In the post today came the latest addition to the "feathered family" (that's stretching the word, 'feathered', somewhat!) and this one came with a note saying that it was "time for the ducks to escape from the bathroom...!" As you more observant people will spot in the photo above, this duck will be helping us to keep to cooking times in the kitchen. Thank you Helen, it's genius.....either that, or the world's gone mad. Hence my question at the start of this post. I think I know the answer!

3 comments:

clare isabella said...

Wicked! :) I love your little duck collection. I also love that you suddenly posted THREE blog posts...thanks for keeping me entertained, and thanks just for being you xxx

Vix said...

Awww thanks Clarey....I did go a bit blog-crazy didn't I! I was quite enjoying taking random photos of things like chocolate bars! And I suppose I could've made them all into one long post but it would have been a serious epic!! Thanks for always reading....you're lovely you are :) xxx

Pippa said...

Yeah three blog posts in a day - impressive! You made me laugh with the sock collector - it's meeeeeeee! Seriously though, I just can't stop - I love socks so much! Previously, I was still bad, but then I was only getting them for my feet. Now, I have another excuse for the obsessive sock buying. I just can't stop!