
For some people, turning up at an event and finding someone else wearing an identical outfit to their own is like the "ultimate disaster," with the scale of horror differing according to how socially important or high class the event is.
Equally, there are many people I know who would be mortified if their friends had the same shoes, jeans or top as them. I can understand the discomfort involved in the first scenario to a point, simply because there is nowhere to run once you arrive at an event like a wedding.
However, I have a different perspective on the second scenario and this was reinforced massively this weekend as I seemed to discover one item every 15 minutes that I had in common with two very lovely friends of mine! Vianney and I went to stay with them on Friday night and at first the discoveries were made at a steady pace, and were only mildly amusing. For example, having got married within 9 months of each other, we'd all chosen similar crockery, ending up with identical mugs, bowls (2 different varieties!), glasses, a laundry basket and many other little gems.
The findings got funnier as we unearthed more and more of them, until we could not believe it when first thing on Saturday morning, (and I use the term, "first thing" very lightly indeed regarding lazy saturday!) Clare emerged from getting dressed sporting exactly the same top that I had packed to wear that day. She had no idea that I even owned this item of clothing, let alone that I had it with me. As we were still falling about laughing at this coincidence, we both reached for our deodorants and yep, you guessed it - the same brand, the same fragrance.
As Big Brother fans will know, there is a Virgin Mobile Sponsorship advert played either side of the programme, involving a "Hilarious Matching Tops Incident!" The connection was immediately made with said advert, leaving us to laugh all the more now if ever we happen to see it on television.
I didn't come away from my very own 'hilarious matching tops incident' with anything other than a smile on my face. For me, it just showed how similar my friend and I really are, and added fuel to the current argument that we are like peas in a pod! We share interests and tastes, which makes spending time together so enjoyable, easy and fun. Maybe we're so secure in our friendship that neither of us would even consider that the other is copying them....or maybe it just didn't matter because we weren't planning on leaving the house in our matching tops?! Either way, it made for an entertaining weekend in my quiet little life; I wonder what other similarities we are yet to uncover!
8 comments:
*waves* Bore da! :D
Fancy finding you here!
(well obviously it would be you at your own blog, but fancy you having a blog! Will be a nice way for me to keep in touch!
Anyhooo. I have a day off today and yet still i'm working! I'll pop back another time. Take care!
Hehe...it was a very hilarious incident..and a hilarious weekend. Lots of love my peapod! :) x
H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S HIRARIOUS matching tops incident indeed!! Loved it! I guess you won't be texting anyone when you're with her coz she's not so, like, you know, boring :D
Loving you blog posts!Make me smile/laugh at work x x
Yay, Matt - I didn't know you knew I had a blog!! Definitely a good way to keep in touch though, nice one. And STOP working on your day off!
Clare, it was a very funny weekend - "I'll give you a call and we should do this again some time" (Chandler to Joanna!)
And Bean, I'm glad you're enjoying it. I like that you read it! Anyone who doesn't watch Big Brother will think you are rubbish at spelling the word Hilarious!!! Love it.
Big hugs to all xxx
...and that I am boring!!
Which I am, so, like...NOT ;):)
Love you guys xxx
well my lovely, we may one day wear the same tops but it won't exactly be the same as mine will have baby sick all down it and dribble :) LOL xx
Hahaha! Well, I hear that baby sick is all the rage this season so you're just keeping up with the fashion world ;) It's a good look xxx
Haha that is funny! I like having friends like that. :o)
Post a Comment