This is possibly one of the more random things I'll ever choose to share with you but that's okay, I'll take that risk! While a friend of ours was staying with us last week, she was trawling the internet for the guitar chords to various worship songs so that she could learn them. At some point during that search, she happened upon a few youtube video clips of one particular guy, who goes by the name of Coffey, pronounced by him, "Coffay!"
Coffey generally does short, accoustic versions of worship songs but there are also a couple of instances online where he has recorded covers of more "secular" songs, for want of a better word, either with his own twist or even his own words. For some reason, one of these clips really tickled us, and that is the one I am sharing with you. He has taken Rhianna's huge song, "Umbrella", and rewritten it with Christian lyrics. In a way, it is pretty funny but actually, I quite like the new words. You can make your own judgement! I just felt the need to share the clip because it made me smile - and we all need a smile every now and then.
Wednesday, 15 July 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Brilliant! Much better than the original!
Post a Comment