Wow, it has been a long time since I have updated this blog; yet again, the lack of posting reflects actual activity in my life for once! I have been so quiet online because we have had a far from quiet few weeks. I now need an entirely empty month at least to try to begin to recover but however long it takes, I don't mind because much of the busy-ness was well worth the physical payback I'm currently experiencing. It's all about the spoons again and I definitely lived on 'spoons-credit' throughout June!
For today, I wanted to share some fab news: Mr. V has indefinite leave to remain in the UK! It has been a long time coming and we have had to jump through endless immigration-shaped hoops over the past four years or so in particular but we got there in the end - and now we're stuck with him and he's stuck with us! We went through a particularly gruelling, frustrating and demeaning day last week at the Home Office Border Agency, and were utterly shocked by the treatment we and other "customers" received. When someone next tells you it's too easy to get into our country, don't believe them. It is painful and it is scary and it is extortionate, amongst other things. It's well worth it though to now know the worst is over when it comes to Mr. V's status in this country.
So thank you very much indeed to all who prayed and helped us financially to be able to even afford the application - we are so grateful to God and to you, we cannot thank Him or you enough. Thank you thank you thank you! More to come on the rest of June's exploits once I am feeling a little stronger :)
Monday, 6 July 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
great news :D
stuck with me indeed! mwa ha ha!
Post a Comment