
We were in Marks and Spencer a few weeks ago, and I decided to have a sit down on the nice, comfy sofa by the entrance while Vianney went off to find what we were looking for. As I sat there, I spotted the lift and it very nearly made me laugh out loud!
I understand that the Welsh want to protect and preserve their language and that the Welsh Assembly commited to equal use of both Welsh and English but seriously... Is this really necessary?*
If the sign for the lifts was only in English, would a Welsh-speaker really come along wanting to go up to the next floor, see "Lift" and then panic because they couldn't quite be sure that they were climbing into the correct metal box (with sliding doors which goes up and down) because the sign saying "Lifft" was nowhere to be seen!? Is that extra F really that important?
* N.B. I apologise if this offends any of you lovely welsh-speakers. I have nothing against the bilingual signage, honestly, I just think this particular example is especially funny!
1 comment:
Love this piccy!Cracks me up everytime! Bws!
Love eu x x x
Post a Comment