Wednesday, 10 June 2009

Puppies and Pizo!

I had a lovely day today - it involved two exciting first meetings, of very different kinds! One was a real "face-to-face" meeting but not with a human; the second was a Skype/Webcam meeting online with a human. Well, I think she was a human! If not, she did a fantastic impression of one ;)


From Recently Updated



Okay, first up, Evie. Evie is a puppy (well, 4-6 months old) and she is absolutely gorgeous. I was so excited when my friend, Jen, rang and said she'd finally found "the one" in her long search for the perfect dog to fit into her family, and that she would be collecting her today from somewhere really close to my house. She said she would bring the gorgeous little thing for me to meet her on her way home. I think it's going to be a match made in heaven, she is the loveliest little dog and is now part of a fab and caring family! Jen may be up to her eyes in puppy poo but that's what you do for love!

Secondly - and you're only second because it's in chronological order, love - is Pizo*! Otherwise known a Pippa. Or Zoe. Or anything you like, it would seem :) Pizo and I have been friends for almost a year but we've never met. That might seem weird to some people, but it works and we've got to know each other through emails, letters, blog land and great parcels! We both have M.E and live on opposite sides of the river Severn, hence never having met, but it was wonderful to finally 'meet' each other via the webcam today. There was lots of laughing and even more talking - it turns out she rivals me in the "talking for England" department! - and, to both our relief, no weird accents to contend with! Pizo did admit she was tempted to fake a strong accent and see how I handled it, but I'm very glad to say she didn't. I'm now looking forward to meeting up in the flesh very soon and thank God for the way He brings people together and brings people into our lives in such varied and crazy ways. That's all for today, I'm wiped (and if I'm honest, have secretly written this post two days later - not a secret anymore, haha!)

*Pizo, can I have your permission to use that photo you sent me of you pulling a sad face on this post? I don't want you to be outdone by a puppy and not have a photo up, but equally don't want to put a photo up and then have you kill me next week!! ;)

1 comment:

Pippa said...

What a lovely post! Yes, you have my permission to post that picture of me :o)