Tuesday, 21 April 2009

Warning: Not a Wholly Positive Post

I am not a happy bunny today. I have a big decision to make by this afternoon and, although I think I know what I need to do, I'm not 100% sure. I've also received something in the post which has got my blood boiling, it is so unjust. I will spare you the details but suffice it to say I have yet another fight on my hands - Me (and M.E!) versus the Department of Work and Pensions. One of the worst things about having this horrible condition is having to fight constantly to be believed, having to use up all the energy I have in explaining and justifying an illness I would give anything to be free of and knowing that the people who can help you do not believe or understand it. The physical pain and exhaustion of M.E is hard enough without adding such injustice to the mix, and I'm sick of it.

I have never wanted to claim a penny in benefits from the government, despite it being my right, but last year I finally did apply for some help and, after a bit of a fight I was given Disability Living Allowance. I was and still am so thankful to God for providing for us in this way. Sadly it was short-lived, and the money has now been stopped, due to the lies written about me in a report from a benefits doctor at the start of this year. It's a much longer story than that but I won't bore you with the in's and out's of it all, except to say that I am currently in the middle of a horrible, tiring and prolongued appeal process and I hate it. I now dread the post, where I used to look forward to it as a highlight of the day!

I could rant and rave on this subject but it won't help and it won't make anyone reading this smile, which is usually my aim with this blog; sorry for briefly parting with that aim this once. Normal service will now resume.....

Look at where we spent a gorgeous long weekend this past weekend. We went back to the beloved cottage, belonging to Amy's family, to join her for the final few days of her Easter break there.

From Cornwall Cottage Trip April 16th to 19th


From Cornwall Cottage Trip April 16th to 19th


From Cornwall Cottage Trip April 16th to 19th


There was laughter, sun, beautiful creation and wonderful company - just what we needed and at just the right time. Thank you Amy and thank you God :) Next post will be much more positive, I promise. If you're the praying kind, please say a prayer for us, we need some divine intervention!

2 comments:

starinajar said...

soz to hear that dude.
*pokes tongue out at government people*

Vix said...

Thanks Matt. I had to restrain myself from doing something much ruder to the government people! So far, restraint is winning....time will tell :)