Thursday, 18 December 2008

Oh I wish that I could blog every day....(to the tune of a certain festive song!)



I miss blogging! It's frustrating that when I am more tired than usual, this is the first thing that drops off my to-do list! I have to give up on the non-essential activities in life when my energy levels are low, in order to make room for the bare necessities. At this time of year there are many such activities which monopolise anyone's time and energy, let alone mine. They aren't unpleasant tasks, and in a way they can be quite enjoyable if given enough time to avoid the stress of the Christmas deadline, but they don't half take it out of me!

I'm talking about making Christmas cards, thinking of nice presents for people, buying those presents somehow (I am now an expert online shopper, believe me!), wrapping the gifts once they arrive, getting the presents and cards out to people in time, decorating the house nice and festively...etc etc. I honestly love doing these things and seeing the finished product, but it can take up many spoons, leaving only a tiny spoon - the size of those cute little medicine spoons - at the end of the day for such joys as blogging.

I'm hoping to be back boring you all with my take on the world once Christmas (or the build-up to Christmas at least) is behind us. For now, I thought I'd show you what we've done to make our house all Christmassy this year. As my Mum would say, "Yuletide Felicitations!"



From Christmassy House 2008

5 comments:

starinajar said...

Does Arthur have a grass hut in his cage? and does he have a stocking? Are you and V going to be one of those wierd couples that wraps a gift for him in another room just in case he sees it before christmas morning?

clare isabella said...

Aaaahhh I love that pic of him on the stocking, how CUTE! Well Matt, it IS Arthur's first Christmas after all, it would be unfair of V&V not to get him a pressie! :)

Vix said...

Okay - yes, Arthur has a grass hut in his cage, it's edible and kind of African looking, which is nice for little Vianney ;)

And NO he does not have his own stocking!! We're mad and we love him but thankfully we haven't crossed *that* line yet! I'd just put him on that stocking to take a Christmassy picture of him (thought it was less cruel than wrapping him in tinsel and running the risk of strangulation!!)

And Clare, I feel bad now cos I hadn't even thought of getting him a present, eek. Helen, however, sent us back from London last week with a bag of three or four presents for him which was so sweet and I think will do for this year!!! :) I'm actually intrigued to know what they are...

So there you go, I hope I've cleared up the concern felt about the Pig in a Stocking Photo - which I'm very glad you like, Cookie, cos I think it's seriously cute too! Maybe I'll do a Pig in Blanket one later... xxx

Pippa said...

Hooray for the Christmas cards - they look great. And they more and more I see Arthur, the more I want a guinea pig! Your place looks so festive :o)

Vianney said...

I love the piggy! Genius photo of the pig. He's so cute! The line will not be crossed my love! He' not getting his pressies from Helen till Christmas day though ;D